Descending was easy:
How did we get here, we innocents in Nova Scotia? We followed the White Rabbit down to a topsy-turvey land where things just don't make sense. Each step leads inexorably to the next.
- Erasing inconvenient and powerless communities has a long history in Nova Scotia.
- Government acts on its own behalf, paying lip service to transparency, but striving for the opposite.
- Ministers know little of their department except political considerations.
- The attention span of government is from now to the next election.
- Lobbyists have undue power.
- The incentives favour last year's methods, measurements and science.
- Creativity is stifled and unrewarded.
- Procedures are designed to favour insiders.
Digging out is hard.
- It counters vested interests
- It requires hard work for no pay
- The long term vision is very distant
- The rewards are very great
- A job well done
Or we can leave it to the rabbits.